Save the World | Fortnitemares Venture Season Homebase Status Report
The Hexsylvania Venture season has returned, and with it some frightening questlines, Heroes, and Llamas!
Fortnitemares Descends Upon Homebase
The mysterious energy of Hexsylvania has been unleashed once again, granting Husks a modifier that reduces their damage taken from weapons, abilities, and traps! Combat these newly resilient fiends with a frightful Short Range modifier, causing Husks to take 50% more damage when within two tiles of a Commander or Defender. Hexsylvanian Husks also have a chance to drop healing potions when taken out at close range, giving you a quick Health refresh mid-fight.
Hexsylvanian Husks may be intimidating, but there’s plenty of treats available once you’ve put an end to their tricks!
Dire’s Wolfy Business Questline is Back
Ever seen a Super Blood Moon? No werewolf can resist! Join Director Riggs in tracking down their yearly “Packstravaganza” by recruiting the beastly Dire to your squad. With the uniquely nocturnal perk Night Stalker, Dire grants bonus movement speed during evening and night — and as a Commander, Dire’s ability energy cost is also reduced.
Watch Your Step - Dungeons Have Returned
There’s no reward without a little risk! Dungeons have reopened below Homebase and it’s time again to brave the tricks and traps around every corner. Find Magical Keys, collect Gold Coins, and eliminate Monsters as you descend through five different Dungeons — all while recruiting Weapons and Heroes along the way! Traverse the mysterious Crypts to unlock sweltering Inferno and secretive Lab dungeons. Braving the Inferno unlocks the swampy Grotto, which will then also grant access to the final Dungeon - Labyrinth.
Explore and complete the Dungeons’ Quests and unearth a trio of phantasmal Heroes: Swamp Knight, Mermonster Ken, and Chaos Agent…
Swamp Knight’s perk Unearthly Treat increases your damage against Mist Monsters based on your missing Health, and as a Commander also conjures a Phantasm to target nearby foes when you take damage. Making an appearance on-land, Mermonster Ken boosts melee damage based on how much Health you’re missing with his From The Depths perk, while summoning a Phantasm when you dole out a heavy melee elimination!
With both Swamp Knight and Mermonster Ken, it’s all about dishing out as much hurt as you take.
Completing missions in The Lab unlocks the villainous Chaos Agent, a Soldier Hero with a trick up their sleeve. Armed with the perk Quick Fingers, any ability used will also reload your equipped weapon! And as the Commander, Quick Fingers also has a chance to spawn a Phantasm.
Complete Dungeons to unlock these nightmarish Heroes, Candy for Llamas and loot, a Loading Screen, and more.
Enough Tricks, Time for Treats with Fortnitemares Llamas
This spine-chilling Llama is filled to the brim with Haunted Heroes like Kyle the 13th, ghostly weapons like the Night Owl, and Survivors in cosplay! Candy can be earned from completing missions during the Hexslyvania Venture season, and can be exchanged for these limited-time Fortnitemares Llamas.
Those aren’t all the treats, however! Slot three Legendary Fortnitemares Survivors into the Collection Book and make it rain pumpkins with the Jack-O-Launcher as a reward. Also, keep an eye on the Event Store every week for seasonal favorites like Ragnarok, Plague Doctor Igor, and the Black Blade.
Introducing Nia the Crossmark Operative
Be ready for anything the Husks throw at you with the new Crossmark Operative Pack available now! Inspired by a concept from the one and only @sockothy, Nia is equal parts stealth and style. Cross another one off your list with the new Pack featuring:
- Nia Outfit
- Critical Carryall Back Bling
- Crossmark Cudgel Pickaxe
- Access to “Save the World” PvE Campaign
- Crossmark Operative Challenges: Earn up to 1,500 V-Bucks by completing Save the World Daily Quests
Challenges are unlocked after having completed the "Homebase Stormshield Defense 3" mission in the "Save the World" campaign.
Note: The cosmetic items of this Pack will be shared through Battle Royale, Save the World, and Creative. This new Pack will have no impact on existing Founder daily login rewards or their V-Bucks earned, which is exclusive to early access Founders. These Outfits may appear in the Item Shop in the future.
Major Bug Fixes
- A number of important bug fixes were included in the v21.50 game update including:
- Fixed an issue that caused Husks to ignore certain build types, such as doors.
- Fixed an issue that made players unable to build near or on Outlander Fragments. This prevented players from building near the objective.
- Fixed an issue with Heroes’ appearance and Back Bling Styles resetting to their Tier 1 style when they’re evolved. The currently selected style will now be maintained on evolution.
- Fixed an issue that caused weapons to become invisible or not function correctly after using a Shockwave while sprinting.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to enter a reload loop after sprinting/jumping with a Shockwave.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to glide and rotate while running.
- Fixed an issue that caused Gadget descriptions to be missing when viewing Upgrades from the Lobby.