Combat Callout in Discover
The first Creator callout of 2022 is here and to kick things off, we’re looking to feature your best combat games without building! Natural cover, extra shields, and health items will be your best friends as you create experiences for players to face off in heated battles in our Combat Callout.
To help you design even more amazing islands we’ve added and updated some of your favorite devices.
- New Natural Forces: Fire
- New Prop Manipulator Device
- New Player Counter Device
We are interested in games that have:
- No building in the island
- Instead of your go-to Zone Wars, try one with natural terrain or buildings to provide cover.
- Fun Loot Pool
- We encourage you to create fun and interesting loot pools to engage players
- Instantly understandable and extremely clear gameplay:
- Rules are familiar, simple, and easily communicated
- Rising tension and drama
- Stakes grow with each round. Failures are dramatic.
- Strategic speculation
- “What should I do?” “What is everyone else doing?”
- Players are able to observe and learn from other players
- Dynamic social relations
- “Should we team up?” “Can I still trust you?”
- Give players the option to collaborate, or go alone
- Interesting and unique themes
- What world is the game set in?
- Unique elimination mechanics
- Players dropped into lava, sent to fight velociraptors, sent into space, etc.
Find a team to create with on our Fortnite Creative Discord using the Creator-Callout channel. It’s also a great place to get advice on your creations!
Maps need to be submitted by March 22, 2022, 4am UTC.
We’ll be creating a section in the Discover menu to promote these amazing combat experiences.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Creative Combat submission: Use the dropdown “Combat Callout” in the Fortnite Creative Featured Content form by March 22, 2022 4 am UTC.
Discover Submission: Apply to appear in Discover from the Fortnite Discover Submission form.
Remember that all submissions must be original work and be sure to follow the Fortnite Creative featured content guidelines.