Fortnite Creative v21.10 Update: Rideable Wildlife and Hired Guards
Learn about what’s new in the Fortnite Creative v21.10 update!
- The Wildlife Spawner device now spawns wolves and boars you can ride.
- You can now use the Guard Spawner device to allow players to hire spawned guards.
- Use the new Item Placer device to place weapons and consumables on props or building pieces.
- Other additions + bug fixes.
Let your imagination, and wildlife, run wild with the introduction of rideable wildlife in Fortnite Creative! Deathrun on the back of a wolf, anyone?
In the Wildlife Spawner's Customize panel, set the Riding option to Enabled to allow players to ride wolves or boars from that Wildlife Spawner to be rideable in your game.
You can now make Guards hireable in-game! Hired Guards will be on the same team as the player, follow them around, and attack opponents on sight. You can also customize the name for hired guards to add to their personality.
In the Guard Spawner device's Customize panel, set the Can Be Hired option to Yes and spawned guards can be hired by players in your game.
Item Placer Device
Ever wanted to place a weapon or keycard in a less obvious way? Then the Item Placer device is for you! Just drop any weapon or consumable into the Item Placer to place the weapon/consumable on a table, or to mount the weapon/consumable to a wall. With customizable interaction text, and the ability to determine whether or not the placed item drops to the ground, the Item Placer will add a new level of immersion to your islands.
- Added the Grapple Glove to Creative - Swing through your Island by tethering yourself to different objects.
- Added the Hammer Assault Rifle (Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic, Legendary, Mythic)
- Added the Two-Shot Shotgun (Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic, Legendary, Mythic)
- Added the Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR) (Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic, Legendary, Mythic)
Prefab & Gallery Updates
- Added a new cube and flat card to Primitives Shapes Gallery A & B.
- Added new wood, brick, concrete, and marble materials to Primitive Shapes Gallery B.
- Added a diamond, rhombus, quadrangle, and trapezoid to the Glass Prop Gallery.
- Updated the glass materials with visual improvements, more vibrant colors, and new Frosted and Ethereal materials. Note: if you liked the previous clear glass option, select Ethereal, as it has the same clear-glass appearance.
- Added a lotus flower and floating lotus flower to the Festival Gallery.
- Added nine Modular Mountain and Rock Galleries that support building and are indestructible.
- Added new Physics Tree & Boulder options.
- Added new Mantling options in the Team Settings & Inventory device, as well as in the Class Designer device allowing for mantling in high gravity.
- Removed the instance limit for Creature Placer and Guard Spawner per island. (Previously, this was set to a maximum of 20 per island.). The total AI spawn limit is not affected by this change.
Prefab & Gallery Fixes
- Fixed an issue where gray box geometry was visible for the pool float props from the invasion prop Gallery.
- Fixed a preview volume size issue with the Tilted Towers Prop Gallery.
- Fixed an issue with assets spawning outside the Festival Gallery preview volume.
- Fixed an issue with rotating brace walls and assets destroying from player building on the IO Blimp prefab.
- Fixed an issue with multiple assets being destroyed within The Fortress Prefab, by adding some grounding supports.
- Fixed an issue with some roof assets from the Chonker’s Speedway Restaurant Prefab giving the wrong resource material.
- Standardized and increased the render distance for assets in the Mine Cart Gallery.
- Fixed an issue where using the prop mover to move flowers would cause a crash.
- Fixed an issue where device trigger menus could not be interacted with using touch controls on Android.
- Fixed an issue that caused creatures elimination manager settings to transfer from island to island.
- Matched the Guard Spawner’s shield settings to the player’s shield settings.
- Removed the instance limit for Creature Placers and Guard Spawners per island. (Previously, this was set to a maximum of 20 per island.) The total AI spawn limit is not affected by this change.
- Added billboards to the Lake Hub, Floating Island Hub, and Flat Grid Hub, to indicate which direction is front and back.
- Fixed an issue where all of the Tilted Towers POI island did not fit within the island volume.