Fortnite Save the World | v23.30 Homebase Status Report
The v23.30 update in Save the World brings the second and third week of Wargames, an update to when several questlines change, and a reloading change. Also, certain Heroes become available once again!
Wargames Week 2: Mist Pods
Week 2 begins Thursday, February 2, 2023! Peas are in the pod and bosses are in the base. Take down the Mist Pods quickly or else tougher enemies will emerge!
Wargames Week 3: Space Rocks
Week 3 starts Thursday, February 9! It’s all coming down in this Wargames simulation — defend your fort while massive meteorites pour in.
With the start of the Mild Meadows Venture Season, we’ll be adjusting the end dates of questlines available during the Season. We’re making this adjustment because having too many narrative quests running simultaneously can make it hard to follow the stories, especially for new and returning players who join late in a season. The following questlines have had their end date changed, or have been moved from the Season.
- The Blockbuster questline remains unchanged and will last the entire Season (to April 5, 2023).
- The No Dancing questline has been shortened to four weeks and will run from February 9 to March 8, 2023.
- The Valor questine will run for four weeks, from March 9 to April 5, 2023.
- The Brawl of the Wild questline has been moved from this Venture Season and will return in the next Venture Season.
No Dancing Questline
Get ready for Love Defense 101.
The dreaded Love Storm has returned and according to our most trusted Major, this is an extremely dangerous threat! Stop this lovely phenomenon from hitting Homebase to have the “premiere matchmaker” Stoneheart Farrah join your squad after completing the questline.
“It’s time to harden your hearts" - Stoneheart Farrah
- Standard Perk: Cupid's Arrow
- Arrows splinter on Bow hit, dealing 20% damage to 3 nearby targets.
- Commander Perk: Cupid's Arrow+
- Arrows splinter on Bow hit, dealing 60% damage to 5 nearby targets.
The Heroes Razor and Kurohomura are available again! They can be earned via the Arcade Cabinet quests. If you've already completed these quests but don't have the heroes, you'll receive them in a gift box in-game. They can also be recruited from the Collection Book.
New Reloading Gameplay Changes
Most ranged weapons in Save the World can now be reloaded while you’re aiming down sights, making it easier to keep a bead on your target as you’re reloading. Weapons with a zoom scope are the exception - those will retain the old behavior and pull out to the regular third-person view while reloading.
Event and Weekly Store
Snuggle Specialist Sarah - February 2 at 7pm ET
“Does somebody need a hug?” - Snuggle Specialist Sarah
- Standard Perk: Tail of the Dragon
- Dragon Slash leaves behind an energized trail, dealing 26 base Energy Damage per second.
- Commander Perk: Tail of the Dragon+
- Dragon Slash leaves behind an energized trail, dealing 64 base Energy Damage per second and slowing enemies by 30% for 3 seconds.
Love Ranger Jonesy - February 9 at 7pm ET
“I have a heart of stone… literally.” - Love Ranger Jonesy
- Standard Perk: Power Impact
- Increases Shockwave radius by 37.5%.
- Commander Perk: Power Impact+
- Increases Shockwave radius by 112.5%.
The Heartbreaker Crossbow - February 9 at 7pm ET
This piercing bow is skilled at breaking two things: hearts and Husks.
A number of important bug fixes were included in the v23.30 game update, including:
- Fixed a variety of terrain issues in the Autumn Foothills Biome.
- This includes locations that would potentially eliminate the character, certain objectives being partially in terrain, tracks being unplaceable for Deliver the Bomb missions.
- Fixed an issue where the player would be unable to hear footsteps.
- Fixed an issue where players could accidentally mount and ride wildlife while hoverboading.