Resolved a performance regression occurring on PCs with less than quad-core CPUs.
- For players with quad-core CPUs and above still experiencing performance issues on PC, you may see improvement by manually adding “NoRHIThread” to the Epic Games Launcher settings for Fortnite.
Art + Animation
- Increased the size and intensity of the Boom Bow explosion effects to better represent the damage radius.
- Adjusted the attenuation of the Reboot Van cooldown and Reboot Chip ambient looping audio, so that it’s not as loud.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Shotgun equip sounds to occasionally not play.
- Mimic! When bringing up your emote wheel there’s now an option that appears if you’re looking at another player doing an emote you own, to allow you to play the same emote.
- When hiding HUD elements in the options, some of them now collapse to free up the space they were taking up - the minimap for example.
- There’s now a HUD UI option to hide the vehicle control hints.
- The Limited Time Mode Victory screen is no longer pushed out of place on mobile/Switch.
- Fixed an issue where drone speed was not saved when scrubbing
- Fixed an issue where scrubbing a replay while in Drone Attach mode would result in the camera being left behind.
- Updated the Baller controls on default and custom HUDs.
- Baller controls are available to be adjusted in the HUD Layout Tool for custom HUD players.
- Audiovisual shot indicators will no longer display for players in the same vehicle.
- Fixed an issue with the Android app icon being incorrectly displayed.
- Fixed an issue with Voice Chat while spectating
- Push-To-Talk button is also no longer hidden while spectating
- Fixed an issue where Auto-run would not activate in vehicles.
- Fixed an issue where the Reboot Card description was missing.
- Fixed an issue where the Arena overview panel was not displaying.
- Fixed an issue with the FPS counter being shown twice.
- Fixed an issue where the weapon icon would not display in inventory hot bar sometimes.
- Fixed an issue where textures would appear stretched when on a Creative Island.
- Fixed an issue that displayed a checkmark icon on certain commands of vehicles.
- Fixed an issue where a second storm wall would appear in the desert biome during the first closing period.
- Fixed an issue where some chests could not be opened.
- Fixed issues where weak wifi halted gameplay and could cause some disconnects.
- All new Explosive Device
- When damaged during a game, the device will explode and damage objects and players around it
- Limited to 100 Explosive Devices per island
- Modify the following options:
- Player Damage - The amount of damage inflicted on surrounding players (0, 2, 5, 10, 20, 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200, elimination)
- Structure Damage - The amount of damage inflicted on surrounding structures (0, 5, 25, 50, 100, 500, 1000)
- Damage Indestructible Buildings - Turning on this option will destroy buildings, even if “Building Damage In Game” is “Off”..
- Health - The health of the Explosive Device (1, 25, 50, 75, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 1000, 2000, 5000)
- Blast Radius - How far the explosion will reach from the point of origin (0.25, 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3)
- Knockback - How forceful the explosion will be at knocking back players (off, low, medium, high, very high, super high)
- Ignore Team For Damage - Turn on to ignore a specified team when dealing damage (none, 1-16)
- Explode on Proximity Range - Turn on to explode when a player is at a set distance from the device (off, 0.5, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
- Ignore Team For Proximity - Turn on to ignore a specified team when entering designated proximity range (none, 1-16)
- Time To Detonation From Game Start - Turn on to start a timer for automatic detonation when a game starts (off, 5 sec, 10 sec, 15 sec, 30 sec, 1 min, 2 min, 5 min, 10 min, 30 min, 1 hr)
- Creature Spawner has been updated to visualize the spawn radius around the device.
- Added a “Spawn Through Walls” option to the Creature Spawner.
- Turning this off will prevent creatures from being spawned on the other side of walls.
- Added “Preferred Spawn Location” option to the Creature Spawner with “At Max Distance” or “Random” options.
- “At Max Distance” will spawn creatures at the edge of the Max Spawn Distance.
- “Random” will spawn them at random points within the spawn radius.
- For the following devices, turning “Visualization” off will hide the device immediately upon starting a game, instead of waiting for the game start countdown to finish.
- Damage Volume
- Player Checkpoint Plate
- Player Spawn
- Item Spawner
- Music Sequencer
- Fixed an issue where the Billboard had improper collision when reloading the Island or copying with the creative tool.
- Fixed an issue where the Item Spawner "Time Before Initial Spawn" option was not functioning as intended.
- Fixed an issue with the Shooting Gallery that would prevent players from hitting the bullseye on some targets.
- Fixed an issue with the Shooting Gallery where you couldn't hit the bullseye until you had started a game.
- Fixed an issue with the Shooting Gallery that prevented sniper rifles from being able to register hits on the bullseye.
- Clarified the units of time (eg. seconds, minutes) for related options on the Target Dummy Track in the Shooting Gallery.
- Fixed an issue where the Target Dummy "Proximity Pop Up Range" setting only triggered at half the expected distance.
- Fixed an issue where the Billboard was causing stretched textures to appear on player’s Islands when playing on mobile devices.
- Fixed an issue where the player character’s head would appear floating over the Cannon when attempting to fly while inside.
- Fixed an issue with the Capture Area device having inconsistent collision around the base.
- Fixed an issue where the Creature Spawner destruction animation would trigger even though visibility was set to "Off".
UI + Social + Audio
- “UI Settings” can be found in the “My Island” menu. Providing the ability to modify various user interfaces.
- Time - Choose whether the clock counts down or up
- Score Display Time - The amount of time the scoreboard is displayed after a match (Don’t Show, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 seconds)
- Winner Display Time - The amount of time the Winner UI is displayed (Don’t Show, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 seconds)
- HUD Type - Choose the optimal heads-up-display for the type of game you created (Default, Creature Elimination, Score)
- Scoreboard Stat 1-5 - Choose the statistics that are tracked and shown on up to 5 columns on the scoreboard at the end of the match (None, Eliminations, Assists, Knocked Down, Collect Items, Health, Creature Eliminations, Score, Objectives, Time)
- These statistics will serve as a tie-breaker (in sequential order) in the case that there is a tie under the primary rules of the game
- The end of game Scoreboard has received a visual makeover to coincide with the new scoreboard options available for creators.
- Winners are now prompted with new celebration animations, similar to the Victory Screen in Battle Royale.
- You should now be able to see team member names over their heads based on the My Island Options.
- Fixed an issue where placed trap sounds overlap and were very loud when spawning into a game.
- Fixed an issue where vehicle destruction sound effects would play loudly when spawning into a game.
- Fixed an issue where favorite Island codes could not be removed from the Featured Island Code list when using a controller.
- Fixed an issue where the Fly Up prompt shows 'Unbound' in the Tooltip when using a controller.
- Fixed an issue where the ammo count wasn’t displaying as infinite on weapons when infinite ammo was enabled.
- Fixed various performance and stability issues.
Weapons + Items
- Easter Egg Launcher
- Lobs egg mines that explode on contact with enemies. Maximum of 6 eggs active at a time.
- Available in the Weekly Store from April 17 at 8 PM Eastern Time until April 24 at 8 PM Eastern Time.
- Fixed an issue where the Broadside trap’s cannonballs weren't being destroyed by the Super Shielder’s shield.
- "Auto Equip Better Weapon" now equips based on Power Rating instead of Weapon DPS.
- The Cannonade Launcher has been reclassified as a cannonball weapon, allowing it to get damage buffs from the Avast Mateys perk.
Art + Animation
- Storm Shield and mission loading screens are now biome based rather than mission based.
- Fixed a large gap that could be found in some Autumn Cities.
- Updated the audio when Med Bot revives a downed player.
- Fixed an issue that caused the in-game music to continue playing after skipping the victory and defeat cinematics.
- Reduced volume on the Nailer weapon to be consistent with other weapons.
- Updated the Main Menu Party Bar in Battle Royale and Creative modes to simply be a list of players who are in your selected voice channel.
- Interacting with mouse or controller will perform a “Toggle Mute” on that player.
- The icon for your selected skin or hero loadout now appears in the top left of the Social Panel.
- Fixed an issue in Battle Royale and Creative that would sometimes cause your lobby character to not reappear on your pedestal.
- Updated lists for Save the World, Battle Royale and in-game Social Panel to more logically identify Party Members before the game starts, and Team Members once in-game.
- We also display any Party Members that are not in-game with you when applicable.
- Fixed emote hotkeys so they correctly play emotes.
Want to track the top community issues? Head over to our Fortnite | Community Issues Trello board here.