Epic Games Account Help: How to Secure Your Fortnite Account
As a Fortnite player and Epic Games account owner, it is in your best interest to prevent others from logging into your account. By keeping your account secure, you minimize the risk of others using your payment methods to make purchases, behaving in your games in a manner that results in a ban, and/or doing more damaging actions.
How can I have the best Fortnite Account Security?Enabling Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) is one of the best ways to keep your account secure. With MFA, access to your Fortnite account requires the entry of not only your username and password but also a security code that expires after a short time and can only be used once. Because this extra information is required, it becomes more difficult for others to access your account.
Below are the situations in which logging into your account requires a security code when you have MFA enabled:
- When logging into your account for the first time after MFA is enabled on the account.
- When logging into your account on a new device.
- After 30 days of no sign-ins on your account.
- After clearing cookies on the browser on which your account was being used.
How do I enable MFA on my Fortnite Account?To enable MFA, take the following steps:
- Be sure the email address associated with your Epic Games account is verified.
- Go to your “Account” page.
- Select “Password & Security.”
- Scroll down to the “Two-Factor Authentication” section.
- Choose your preferred method for receiving your security codes.
- Google Authenticator
- LastPass Authenticator
- Microsoft Authenticator
If you choose to use the Email Authentication method, each attempt to log into your account that requires a security code will prompt the correct code to be sent to you via email.