The Fortnite Creative v20.00 Update
New: Chapter 3 Season 2 Features
Chapter 3 Season 2 is here and in this release we’re adding all the new Battle Royale features, such as mantling, overshield, new weapons and more! We’ve compiled all the Battle Royale movement information in a section titled “Building Basics” for Creators on the Fortnite Creative Documentation Site, in addition to the usual release updates with additional device information.
Gaining the high ground has always been key to winning a battle and fortunately, where your feet fail, your hands will now help you out. If a surface is just a little too high for your jump — or a platform just a little too far for your landing — your hands can come into play and pull you up!
Run at the new, faster default movement speed. A faster default movement speed means a faster sprint too! This sprint is so fast that it’ll mean pocketing whatever you’re holding. Of course, sprinting super fast can't be maintained forever, so a new sprint meter will tell you how much longer you can move at that pace.
If your game has no building, it might be wise to throw in an Overshield to help! To help maintain cover, you now have an Overshield on top of your Shield and Health. The Overshield is your first line of defense to protect your Shield and Health, it will recharge on its own if it goes all the way down to 0. Make sure to find cover while it's recharging!
Speaking of sprinting, sprint at doors to bash them open with your shoulder. It’s probably not very polite, but at least you look cool doing it.
(You can also slide into doors to open them now!)
All these new features can be turned on and off via the My Island Settings menu.
- Existing islands will default all these new features to OFF to avoid disrupting current gameplay. You can, of course, turn them on manually via the My Islands Settings menu.
- New islands will default these new features to ON when you create them to reflect the current state of Fortnite. Likewise, you can turn any or all of them off manually after island creation.
Battle Royale Weapons
Like the Combat Assault Rifle and Combat Pistol, the Combat SMG packs a heavy punch. Tame its recoil to get the most out of its exceptional power.
Striker Burst Rifle
The Striker Burst Rifle is a burst-rifle with a customized sight. Strike with this two-shot semi-automatic weapon as you aim with the scope!
The Repair Torch: A Healing Item for Your Vehicles!
Whether your Mudflap’s been subject to explosives, your Motorboat’s been running too long on land, or your Titan’s been targeted at the treads, fix it up with a Repair Torch! Repair Torches restore the Health of vehicles, and if they run out of fuel to ignite? Fill ‘em back up at a gas pump!
New: Firefly Spawner
Great news creators; Fireflies have migrated and have found their way to your Creative islands! Now you can place swarms of fireflies that players can collect for themselves instead of you having to grant them via devices.
Other Feature Updates
- The Collectibles gallery now has Class support with the ability to make Collectibles available (and even visible) to only a selected Class.
Prefab & Gallery Fixes
- Fixed a LOD issue with the green light post from the Gazebo Prefab.
- Fixed an issue with the Skydive Volume device that caused players to remain in skydive animation after a game would end in Creative.
- Fixed an issue with the round settings device that included inaccurate settings such as Join in Progress.
- Fixed an issue with the Teleporter that caused a Link to Target to fail after Game Start
- Fixed an issue with the Random Number device that caused the numbers to not line up correctly.
- Fixed an issue with the Pop-up Dialog device that caused no icons to be copied to the quick bar using the phone tool.
- Fixed an issue where the Fire Volume device setting Allow Objects to Ignite did not override Enable Fire island settings on some platforms.
- Fixed an issue that caused a player to enter DBNO in single-player games.
- Fixed an issue with the phone tool and pickaxe bindings appearing to be switched during gameplay.
- We have made some changes to how content is sorted within the Creative Inventory.
- Anything categorized as Recently Added or New This Season will now appear at the top of its assigned tab. Previously, this was only done for Prefab and Gallery tabs.
- Consumables can now be sorted by rarity.
- Content seasonally categorized as Spring will now appear higher up the list.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Thermometer to not display correctly on XL Islands.